Chestnuts from Progress Farm
- It is said that the cultivation of chestnuts began here in Obuse Town in the Muromachi period. And even now, it is a famous chestnut production area that is popular as "chestnut town". Please enjoy the fresh, large Obuse chestnuts that have not been fumigated *, which is unique to the production area. *No post-harvest treatment with pesticides.
- At our farm, we collect chestnuts every day during the fall harvest season, and deliver fresh, fragrant Obuse chestnuts .
- Regardless of the size (class) of the chestnuts, we carefully select chestnuts that are of poor color, shape, or cracked, and deliver high-quality chestnuts.
We are committed to cultivating fruit every day with the following three commitments so that our customers can enjoy delicious fruits.
Class, content, delivery time, etc.
||It is the size that remains in a 2L standard sieve (35mm square). About 25g or more per tablet.
||It is the size that remains in an L standard sieve (32 mm square). Approximately 18g to 25g per tablet.
||It is a size that falls through an L standard sieve (32 mm square). Remove small particles. Less than 18g per tablet.
How to choose the grade: When peeling all the astringent skin and making chestnut rice or sweetened boiled chestnuts, it is recommended to use large size chestnuts because they will be small if peeled cleanly. If you want to enjoy the astringent skin, such as simmered astringent skin or deep-fried astringent skin, it seems that if it is extra large, it may not be packed well in a bottle.
||Two nets of 1 kg enter.
on shipping calculation
The box size is "small box". Since there is no fumigation, there is a possibility of loss, so we add 100g per net as extra.
||Contains one 1kg net. on shipping calculation
The box size will be "extra small box". Since there is no fumigation, there is a possibility of loss, so we increased the amount by 100g as extra.
- In order to prevent drying during transportation, each 1kg is put in a net and then put in a plastic bag for delivery. From the viewpoint of reducing environmental impact, we will use simple packaging using unbleached cardboard (brown).
- For chestnuts, we do not accept noshi.
About delivery time
- Since we mainly grow mid-season varieties (Tsukuba, Ginyose, etc.), the delivery period is from late September to mid-October.
- Some of the early maturing varieties (Tanzawa, etc.) are also grown, so it is possible to deliver from mid-September to late September. If you are interested, please add the product to your cart and let us know from the contact information for this shop .
- Harvest dates may vary depending on climate and weather due to outdoor cultivation. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to specify the delivery date . Thank you for your understanding.
- In order to prevent deterioration during transportation, we will deliver it by refrigerated delivery.
Precautions regarding non-fumigation
- This product is carefully sorted and inspected one by one, but on rare occasions, unintended quality grains may be mixed in due to oversight. In addition, there is a possibility that there will be some loss because there is no fumigation (no pesticide treatment after harvest).
- For these items, we have already added a sufficient margin to the indicated weight, so please accept our apologies for any substitutions or refunds.
Delicious way to enjoy
Ready to eat
- Freshness is important for raw chestnuts. The aroma of chestnuts will fade over time, so we recommend eating them while they are still fresh.
- We recommend storing in a refrigerator (chill room). However, if it is left in a plastic bag, condensation may form and mold may grow, so store it out of the plastic bag.
- If you store it for a long time in the refrigerator (chilled room), it will lose moisture, so if you want to store it for more than a week, please refer to the following "How to store it if you can't eat it all".
Recommended cooking method
Peel off the demon skin and astringent skin and soak in water. Add salt and sake to the rice (you can also use some glutinous rice), adjust the amount of water, add the drained chestnuts and cook. You can enjoy chestnut rice with plenty of chestnuts with 500g of chestnuts for 3 cups of rice.
Deep-fried chestnut skin
Remove the skin, lightly wipe off the moisture, and deep-fry in oil heated to 170 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes. During frying, it seems that there are rare cases of "crash". Fry carefully while occasionally turning it upside down to mix. Sprinkle salt on the fried chestnuts to create an exquisite snack that enhances the aroma of the chestnuts. Even if the astringent skin is damaged or broken in half, it will be fried deliciously.
Boiled astringent skin of chestnut
Peel the demon skin and boil it in hot water containing baking soda about 3 times. Add a little brandy at the end to give it a fragrant and elegant flavor.
How to save if you can't eat it all
Storing them as they are You can put the chestnuts, which have had their skin and astringency peeled off, in water, put them in a storage container or a storage bag with a zipper, sprinkle them with sugar, and freeze them. You can put it in as it is when cooking chestnut rice.
Peeled chestnuts can be boiled and mashed in boiling water, placed in a storage container or a zippered storage bag, and frozen. If you mix sugar to your liking, it will become a fragrant chestnut paste, so please enjoy it by spreading it on bread or using it as an ice cream topping.